10. Let’s be honest – dudes love a chick on a Trikke!
9. Trikking makes it easy to meet new people both online (on The Sweet Spot Annex and other Facebook pages for Trikke fans) and in person. I wish I’d kept a count of how many Trikke-curious folks have stopped me to ask questions or to take a test drive… The numbers are probably well over 200 after five years of carving!
8. Bugs in my teeth – this means I got a great workout and smiled a lot doing it.
7. There’s nothing quite like slogging up a long, tough hill, then flying down it at breakneck speed. Wheeeee!
6. Regular Trikke riding means I get to eat ice cream or a hamburger every now and again and not worry about weight gain.
5. Trikking two or three times a week helps lift depression in a huge way!
4. Regular trikking boosts the immune system and helps prevent illness and disease.
3. Carving is a zero-impact, muscle-building workout that doubles as an ideal form of rehabilitation for my (and many other people’s) back and joint injuries.
2. I won’t have to give up trikking for a very long time – even after advanced age makes it impossible to do most other forms of sports and exercise.
1. That moment following an all-out, so-exhausting-you-can’t-walk-straight-afterwards ride when you catch your breath, rehydrate, and grin from ear to ear as you say, “That was a blast! I can’t wait to do it again!”
Here’s hoping you celebrated Valentine’s Day in grand style with the folks who make your heart sing on a daily basis. This year, Apollo (my Trikke T78cs) was my valentine. He and I took to the local park paths and smiled at everyone we met – mostly because it’s really cool when they smile back, but also because random smiles make people wonder what I’m up to! Trikking, that’s what I’m up to! Why? Cuz it’s awesome, and I feel awesome when I’m doin’ it.
Carve diem, y’all!
Much love and a smooch on the cheek,
Your very own Trikke-O-Babbler